{Search My Blog}

Monday, November 2, 2009

{101 in 1001 Days} / Columbus Ohio Photographer

101 tasks to accomplish in 1001 days!

I’m jumping on the bandwagon and committing to the following 101 tasks! This should be interesting! Bookmark this page and follow along with me as I add items to my completed list. And if you want to help me accomplish a task, please comment me and let me know. (finished tasks will be in BOLD).

A few rules:

1. Must be a specific task - no fluff allowed.
2. Must be realistic - might be difficult for this “reach for the sky” frame of mind I have!
3. Must be executed to the fullest degree - no shortcuts allowed.

Why 1001 days?
Because that is attainable! It’s realistic! It’s perfect for all seasons and for traveling.

Start Date: November 1 2009
End Date: July 28 2012

Here we go!!!

  1. Exercise & get back down to a size 4! {In Progress}
  2. Run a half-marathon with my husband
  3. Get boudoir photos taken of myself
  4. Design my in-home studio {In Progress}
  5. Host a Launch Party for my In-Home Studio
  6. Give away custom photography to a deserving family
  7. Participate in 2 Bridal Expos {0/2}
  8. Create a scrapbook of photography collages for ea child from age Birth-12 months
  9. Create a scrapbook of photography collages for ea child from 12 months - 24 months
  10. Have family photos taken by someone other than me, at least 4 times a year for one year {1/4}
  11. Dust off my silver trumpet and re-teach myself how to play “Louie Louie” {LOL, right?!}
  12. Volunteer in a soup kitchen
  13. Photograph a wedding in an exotic, outside-of-the-USA, location
  14. Photograph a “SEXY COUPLE” on the beach
  15. Photograph a wedding in a different state
  16. Buy a beautiful modern sofa for my studio
  17. Visit Jamaica - The Rockhouse Hotel specifically
  18. Cliff Dive @ The Rockhouse Hotel in Jamaica
  19. Convince my husband to cliff dive @ The Rockhouse Hotel in Jamaica
  20. Skydive - no I’m not joking!
  21. Host a kick-ass Halloween Party
  22. Actually attend my 10 year High School Reunion
  23. Attend New Year’s Eve Party
  24. Ride in a stretch Hummer limo
  25. Reach 2000 fans on my FACEBOOK page
  26. Photograph Newborn Twins {completed 11.8.09}
  27. Purchase a Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye Lens {completed 11.2.09}
  28. Purchase a Nikon 50mm 1.4 Lens
  29. Purchase a Nikon 70-200mm Lens
  30. Upgrade my camera to a D700 or D3S
  31. Go on a cruise
  32. Visit California
  33. Interview 5 Photographers and feature their interviews on my PhotoBLOG {0/5}
  34. Advertise on The Knot and The Nest for my boudoir photography
  35. Be published photographically
  36. Buy a beautiful, historic home in Clintonville
  37. Become a Vegan for a week
  38. Read the “Twilight” Series
  39. Buy a new point and shoot camera for everyday photos
  40. Visit New York City
  41. Go on a shopping spree once I’ve reached a size 4
  42. Go horseback riding
  43. Re-read “The Secret”
  44. Buy a newborn hammock on etsy
  45. Buy a fancy new blog template
  46. Have a custom logo designed and never change it again! {completed Dec 2009}
  47. Host a Cutest Baby & Kid Contest {completed Nov 2009}
  48. Visit Las Vegas
  49. Attend an Ultimate Fighting Championship in Vegas
  50. Take my kids to Disney World
  51. Take my kids to Sea World
  52. Be interviewed by another photographer and be featured on their blog!
  53. Help someone start their own photography career {In Progress}
  54. Determine my photography niche {Completed January 2010}
  55. Redesign my website to focus on that niche {In Progress}
  56. Go to a Cincinnati Bengals football game
  57. Visit Boston, Massachusetts
  58. Go to a Boston Red Sox game
  59. Photo Swap with another photographer {Completed Nov 2009}
  60. Throw a 4th of July Party
  61. Take my kids to “World of Bounce”
  62. Visit The Wilds
  63. Start a travel scrapbook
  64. Write a poem for my children
  65. Stop drinking soda for an entire month
  66. Join a “Mommy and Me Group”
  67. Sign the kids up for swimming lessons
  68. Get laser eye surgery
  69. Get a Tiffany & Co Lock & Key necklace
  70. Pay myself $25 for every completed goal
  71. Surprise my husband with something BIG {In Progress}
  72. Buy hot pink high heels
  73. Fit into my White House Black Market dress
  74. Buy a fabulous new outfit from BCBG
  75. Give away a Private Boudoir Session
  76. Sign up my first Senior Ambassador
  77. Book my first travel photography event
  78. Sell all available slots for my first travel event
  79. Attend a craft fair
  80. Purchase a new mac computer
  81. Visit the state where I was born (haven’t been there since I was 1)
  82. Photograph a couple’s wedding reenactment
  83. Visit the Cincinnati Zoo
  84. Take the kids to Kings Island
  85. Finish my Financial Management Degree - 5 silly classes left, all my core ones are finished!
  86. Take a graphic design course
  87. Get a mani/pedi - I’ve never had one before
  88. Make really cool sock-puppets for my kids
  89. Do a photo shoot with just my yorkie pups
  90. Take fabulous self-portraits with my tripod
  91. Build my portfolio with "models" {in progress}
  92. Ride a train
  93. Host a girls-only sleepover - “80‘s” themed
  94. Team up with a fabulous hair stylist/make-up artist {Completed Nov 2009}
  95. Ride in a hot air balloon
  96. Enter a photography contest
  97. Participate in the “Race for the Cure”
  98. Mentor a high school student, interested in photography as a career
  99. Grow my hair out for the first time since I was a little girl {In Progress}
  100. Find a wonderful preschool to enroll my kids in when they turn 3
  101. Take our first family vacation (beach vacation of course)

9 comments:

  1. Get a mani/pedi - I’ve never had one before

    I was going to get one this week for Friday night - want to come with? :)

    I love your list! Actually, you've inspired me to create one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been inspired to create one of my own. Great idea Brandis. I think Freddie should read this list and use it as a Christmas list as well. You could knock a lot of those off pretty quickly with Christmas coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of train do you want to ride? We're doing the Easter Bunny Train again. It's not a long ride, but it's fun. I don't think we'll get to do the Santa Train this year, but it's fun too. I think tickets are $10 or $15 each.If this is up your alley, I can help you with #92. Also, I think i can help with #100 when the time comes. I physically went to every school considered & while I didn't go with any of the first 8 I looked at, they did have some great points. I was just looking for something specific & I'm picky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why my comments will only post as anonymous- Jenny wilson

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many pins does your camera have? I will look for the lenses this week.

    Oh and I started my own list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working on my list now but let me tell you i am having a hard time coming up with real goals. i have only 28 so far

    ReplyDelete
  7. We Need to Schedule a Mani/Pedi Day the three of us sometime in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that was tiny! I fixed it :)

    ReplyDelete

© Brandis Allison - be polite and respectful. it is illegal and down right mean to steal my images.

{For Photographers}

FAQ (3) photography (1)

{The Vault}

{101 in 1001}

Follow my progress --------> 101 in 1001

{Recent Entries}

{Follow Me}


Photobucket

Get MINTED.

Get MINTED.
This my photography storefront. Order all your paper supplies, invitations and announcements right here!

{Zumba with Tami}

{Zumba with Tami}
"Ditch the workout. Join the PARTY!"